3 motives to becoming an Oblate
- To answer the call to consecrated life, out of love for others, while remaining in your own milieu, keeping your job and your commitments;
- To have a missionary spirit;
- To be supported by a group recognized as a secular institute by the Church.
5 stepping stones to becoming an Oblate
- Cultivate a deep desire to follow and to love Jesus Christ above all;
- Like Mary, allow yourself to be transformed by the Holy Spirit to then go out to transform the world in a spirit of service;
- Strive to live the 5-5-5;
- Contact some Oblates;
- Receive a formation conducive to a Christian commitment at the heart of the world while remaining in your milieu.
Me, an Oblate?
You have the prerequisites if:
- You are a woman, of legal age;
- You are not married or in a civil union;
- You are Christian, you have been baptized, and confirmed in the Catholic Church.
How can one know? Where to begin?
- Contact an Oblate directly if you know one;
- Talk to a spiritual director;
- Write to us; a designated Oblate will be glad to help you.